Search results

1. John Pursglove

Big Brew Day This Saturday May 4th.

Anyone who did not signup that wants to share a keg or bottles can still do so. We have the club jockey box with taps available. Just let us know here so we know to have enough taps available. Let us know what you have and we will help you get it served.
  2. John Pursglove

Forced Diacetyl Test

Last week I had hosted a little brew day and some club members came out and hung out. I have had the beer, a Czech Dark Lager in my fermentation chamber at 50 degrees since last Saturday night. I bumped the temperature up to about 55º on Thursday. Today I took a sample and final gravity was...
  3. John Pursglove

** How to Access SJFC Member Forums **

Deleted the spam
  4. John Pursglove

Big Brew Day

We are having our Big Brew Day festival once again in Oaklyn. Saturday May 4th. 12 - 4:00 If you plan on brewing we need to know by April 15th. Tell your friends! Tickets will be available in the store soon. Setup 9:00 Open to public 12:00 Close 4:00 Cleaned up and gone by 5:00 Sign up sheet...
  5. John Pursglove

Fermented Bulk buy

https://www.fermentednj.com/shopfermented/Bulk-Grain-p377103273 Save a few bucks buy some base grain in bulk
  6. John Pursglove

Decline in homebrewing

I just mentioned this and here it is the first bulk buy of the year. https://www.fermentednj.com/shopfermented/Bulk-Grain-p377103273
  7. John Pursglove

Decline in homebrewing

John I know how you feel here with the closing of the local shops. I am fortunate enough to have been within about a mile of both BYO and PHO. So I just ran out while I was brewing or right before I started. Unfortunately it may not be possible anymore to run out to the LHBS on your brew day I...
  8. John Pursglove

November 4th Food drive and festival

Hi Mitch yes. Tickets wil be available at the door on Saturday.
  9. John Pursglove

November 4th Food drive and festival

The event is next Saturday in Oaklyn. 12 - 4 setup between 9 and 12. If anyone wants to serve at the event please fill out the sign up sheet here
  10. John Pursglove

Bus Trip November 18th Human Robot Haus & Imprint Brewery Rescheduled trip new locations *official announcement*

Saturday November 18th. Tickets $25 for club members and $30 for non-members. Tickets are available in the store now disregard old graphics and descriptions. Leaving at 9:30 AM from Cherry Hill Double Tree Rt 70 and Cuthbert Road park closest to Cooper River Park (North Park Drive.) It is...
  11. John Pursglove

Fermented NJ 6th Anniversary Homebrew Competition

https://www.fermentednj.com/shopfermented/6th-Anniversary-Homebrew-Competition-Registration-p469908524?mc_cid=eff1f06819&mc_eid=ca322bb259
  12. John Pursglove

Homebrew Contest King's Road Brewery

At Ales on the Rails King's Road had flyers for a Home Brew Contest. Entries are due the first weekend of June.
  13. John Pursglove

Big Brew Day Brewers

If anyone who has not signed up wants to brew at Big Brew day we need to know. We need to get permits from the fire Marshall and they ask for two weeks in advance. Here is a link to the sign up sheet if you missed it. I am asking that anyone that does want to brew please get on the sheet by the...
  14. John Pursglove

Imperial Yeast Tour Directions

There are two spots left for the Imperial yeast Tour. Address and directions are above if anyone wants to make a last minute decision to go.
  15. John Pursglove

Supplies Options.

I just had the same email exchange with Anthony today. I ordered one that they didn't have and Anthony got right back to me and said he was about to order from Omega so they should have it next week. He hooked me up with a similar yeast for my brew day on Saturday.
  16. John Pursglove

CO2 Refills - Near Haddon Heights

For my 20# tank I exchange at SJ Welding on 38. I only use the 20 # to server beer from the keezer so it lasts like 1.5 to 2 years. It is only a few dollars more than a 5 pound exchange which I have done as well there. If I am going to exchange the big tank and I have an empty 5 pounder I will...
  17. John Pursglove

CO2 Refills - Near Haddon Heights

Collingswood hardware on Haddon Avenue in Colls does refills.
  18. John Pursglove

Supplies Options.

No. Fermented in Hammonton is still open. They are open Thursday through Sunday.
  19. John Pursglove

Icarus fundraiser with Brewery Strong

I saw this on Facebook and figured I would share if anyone is interested. Calling all home brewers! Brewery Strong is pleased to announce our very first Big Brew Day! We have partnered with the wonderful people at @icarusbrewing to have you observe the brewing process at their 10 barrel...
  20. John Pursglove

Loose rubber on keg?

I did a similar repair to a keg several years ago and I haven't seen the issue since.
Back