control panel build

jimfish

Vice President
we are going to build a control panel for my brew stand. it will PIDs with thermo probes for mash temperature control. it will have controls for a pump and also a control for a mash mixing motor.

we are getting together at Quartz Infared, john Eaton's company in edgewater park nj.
his address is unit 1 C 703 van rossum edgewater park nj. his building is next to the parking lot for the light rail station.

we are meeting a 7PM.

hope to see you there!

fish

For those with STC1000 controllers, I will have one on hand for show and tell, as well as discussing the ability to flash certain models with Programmable Step Fermentation code, in F and C. (courtesy of alphaomega on HBT).
I will also have my PID control panel.

FYI, the light rail station Fish mentioned is the Riverline Beverly Station on Cooper St. The parking lot is 1 block south along the tracks, and we're near the far end. Can't miss the big "Jenkins" building.

I got 2 from blackboxbrew.com and 2 from an HBT member. You are unlikely to be sure of the board from amazon sellers. Pot luck. I failed twice.

Hmmm, posted here earlier, but no sign of it....

If anyone interested in the STC controllers is pressed for time, you can swing by as early as 6pm on Thursday.
One of the 2 HBT guys selling these as kits or completed units will be getting a batch of programmable controllers in next week. Let me know if you are interested in getting one, and I'll arrange to get them. These are probably around $20, and we can program them, including your favorite fermentation profiles (they hold 10 profiles) in no time.

Dan_Ell_Wang_Er said:
@John Eaton,
I'd like to get one please. Let me know how to purchase. Thanks
Dan, the HBT guy is getting a batch next week. Once he has them I'll be ordering some. Pbly in $20-25 range.

I ordered 5 of the flashable STC1000's from Brewsbysmith on HBT. I should have them in a few days, but 1 is for me. Dan, I'll reserve 1 for you, leaving 3 more for others. Maybe we can have another DIY night after BBD and flash some units. These are $22 each, plus a homebrew to share.
I will have a few (4?) unflashable units that work well for any fixed temp applications, freezers. coolers, etc, where the profiles aren't needed, and F reading is not so important. These will be $20.
I'll start a new thread for this event.

Back