2015 Barley Legal NFL Eliminator Round 2

Chris Smith

Tech Officer
I think there's enough interest in doing a Round 2. Same deal as last time.

HERE'S THE DEAL

You enter one pick a week for a team to win that week
You cannot pick the same team twice in a season
If you lose a week, you are out
Last person(s) to stand, win.
NOTE: The site might let you pick after you are "out" and have a bad pick. We are going to ignore any pick like that, once you make a bad pick you are out.

This is a new league and none of the picks carry over from the first round. Anyone new can join, too, not limited to just those that were in the first round. And this is a full new bet, if you were in the first round, you're playing for a SECOND six-pack of beer, you still owe me the first one :lol: :lol:

Also because ESPN wanted to keep my picks from the first round in the second, we're going to try NFL's site for this round. Hopefully it'll work just as well.

http://survivor.fantasy.nfl.com/group/14645

password: barleylegal

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to winning more beer!

Barley Legal NFL Eliminator Round 2

Oh, and the round starts this weekend, so make sure to join right away if you're interested!

Bump/reminder. We have 8 people signed up for round 2, which, IMO, is plenty, but we're always looking for more players!

Week 3 (1) Recap

So no one picked tonight's game so the first week of Round 2 is in the books. And no-one is going home after just 1 week. Just so you all know, I still plan on winning in Week 2 of the reboot, too ..

The Patriots dismantled the Jaguars and Andrea, Chris West, Chuck Cubbler, and myself are all safe.

Kru, 05m50dan's ( @Dan_Ell_Wang_Er ? ), Tim, and Paul are perfectly safe with the 0-2 Seahawks beating up on the completely inept 0-2 Bears.

And finally Cleteur is safe with his slightly gutsy pick of the Colts over the Titans. But the Colts held on to win a close, high scoring game keeping us all safe.

Good luck in week 4 (2) everyone!

Week 4 (2) Recap

So I think there might be a bit of controversy this week. On Saturday I had asked @Cleteur if he made a pick yet because the site said he hadn't. He assured me he had and even showed me that it said it was picked on his phone (though to tell the truth I forgot who it said he picked and didn't verify that the pick was fully submitted, but it did have a pick made.) But the site said that both him and @Chuck Cubbler didn't make a pick this week and are both out because of that. I'm honestly not sure what to do in this case because I like to trust that it was a screwup by the website, however I have no way of knowing what exactly the different pick(s) were.

Everyone else is safe.

The Chargers took care of the Browns 30-27 so Tim and I are good.
The Packers beat the 49s so Andrea and Dan are fine
The Colts needed OT to beat the Jaguars, but held on to win, keeping Chris and Paul safe.
And the Panthers beat up on the Bucs for Kru's win.

Any and all suggestions about what to do about the unknown pick(s) are welcome.

Week 5 (3) Recap

It could have been a big upset week if a few things would've gone the other way. But turns out we only lost one player this week.

Winners:
It took OT but the Falcons kept the Redskins from winning two in a row and keeping Me, Paul, Andrea safe.

The Broncos took a narrow one over the Raiders keeping Kru and Tim safe for one more week.

And Dan takes the Cardinals to go 5-0 against the pretty terrible Lions which they did in the easiest game of the week.

And with that we say goodbye to my BiL Chris. The Cleveland Browns won a squeaker over the Ravens 33-30 kicking one more out of the race.

Good luck to the remaining 6 next week!

Week 6 (4) Recap

Week 4 of the re-boot is finished (because no one picked the pick-em of tonight's game!)

Winners
Two people, Paul and myself picked Green Bay to beat the Chargers. Closer than I thought, but 27-20 was still good for us to stay in.

Tim picked the Texans to beat the Jaguars. Not even a close game, 31-20. Seems to be pretty safe to pick against the Jags this year.

Dan is safe with an OT win by the Broncos over the Browns. Didn't see that game going into OT and I bet Dan didn't either, but a win is a win.

Losers
We say goodbye to two players this week.

First is Andrea who picked the Seahawks to beat the undefeated Carolina Panthers. They didn't and she is out. Is Cam Newton a real MVP candidate this year? Close game, too, 27-23.

And Kru has lost with the Falcons losing to the Saints on TNF 31-21. So the Saints, who are not a good team, have beaten the Cowboys (badly) and now the previously undefeated Falcons. They did have a really bad loss in the middle of those two games, but I forget who that was to ... :lol: :lol:

4 players left in the reboot, good luck!

Week 7 (5) Recap

Sorry missed last week.

Week 5 of the re-boot is in the books.

Paul and I are safe picking the Cardinals over the Ravens. No big surprise there, the Ravens aren't that good this year.

Tim is safe with a pick of the Falcons over the Titans. Low scoring game, but the Falcons kept the young Titans team at bay.

Losers

Unfortunately for Dan, one of the upsets this week was the Jags defeating the Bills. And that dashes Dan's hope to win in the second chance.

3 players for next week (aka next post)

Week 8 (6) Recap

No surprises this week. Well one almost surprise:

I'm luckily safe with an overtime win by the Panthers over the Colts.

Paul is safe with a Ram's win over the struggling 49ers. AKA the Niner's suck this year.

And Tim is safe with a pick of the Cardinals over the Browns. An easy win by the Cardinals.

Same three players for next week, good luck!

Week 9 (7) Recap

Boring week. Tim is safe with Cincinnati. Paul is safe with the Patriots, and I'm safe with the Steelers.

On to next week, same three players.

Chris Smith said:
[post]1496[/post] Week 4 (2) Recap

So I think there might be a bit of controversy this week. On Saturday I had asked @Cleteur if he made a pick yet because the site said he hadn't. He assured me he had and even showed me that it said it was picked on his phone (though to tell the truth I forgot who it said he picked and didn't verify that the pick was fully submitted, but it did have a pick made.) But the site said that both him and @Chuck Cubbler didn't make a pick this week and are both out because of that.

So I'm way behind on reading the forum, and I didn't see this. Turns out, I made a pick, but I was signed into the "public" group, rather than the BL group. So I was surprised that I was eliminated. FWIW, my feeling is that it was my mistake, and I still intend to pay off to the eventual winner.

Week 10 (8) Recap

The 2nd round of the eliminator is finished, with no clear winner.

Tim and I both took the Ravens. Bad pick, the lowly Jags beat them this week.

Paul took the Broncos to defeat the Chiefs. Despite setting the most yards passing record, Manning was benched and the Broncos lost, badly.

So all three people left have lost. I propose that we just split the beers from round two. Everyone owes two beers to @Paul Barron, two to @Tim Morea, and two to me. I'll collect them all and distribute if that's cool with everyone.

Thanks for playing, all. See you next year!!

Back