"1000 in the Shade" release Wednesday, February 24 at Iron Hill Maple Shade - Support for Chris "Lappy" LaPierre

Matt Talbot

South Jersey FC Member
Got this in my inbox today. It would be great to support Chris and the brewery that got Barley Legal started!

"1000 in the Shade" releases Wednesday, February 24 at Iron Hill Maple Shade

Back in 2009 after weeks of cleaning, installation and construction, I brewed the first batch of beer for Iron Hill’s new Maple Shade location. It was the first brewery/restaurant to open in the state of New Jersey in ten years, and the only one within almost 100 miles. It showed. Beer drinkers in the area were rabidly thirsty for a brewpub of their own and for the next five years our Maple Shade location served more beer than any location in the company.

Since then, I’ve worked in many more Iron Hill locations and have worn several different hats within the brewery department. With the pandemic we, as most restaurant companies have, had to do a lot of restructuring, and that landed me back in Maple Shade and brewing again for the first time in years. As fate would have it, this gave me the honor of brewing the 1000th batch of beer on the same system I fired up for the first time 12 years ago.

The Maple Shade location has always had a special place in my heart. I grew up in Burlington County, it was my first restaurant “opening”, I started what is now the area’s largest homebrew club, and I met a lot of great people while working here... many of whom I’ve stayed in touch with throughout the years.

I’m hoping that Iron Hill Maple Shade is as special to you as it is to me. I’m also hoping you’ll join me in toasting this landmark brew, as well as the staff and guests that make it the special place it is.

"1000 in the Shade" releases Wednesday, February 24 at Iron Hill Maple Shade
IBU: 62 ABV: 6.8%
Assertively hoppy with pine, citrus and floral aromas. A firm but pleasant bitterness is balanced by a full malt backbone and caramel sweetness. The 1000th brew in Maple Shade.
Pick up a growler during the week, then join us on Saturday, February 27th at 4pm for a virtual toast via Facebook Live with some incredibly special guests! Be sure to follow Iron Hill Maple Shade on Facebook for more information and to join the fun.
Facebook
I can't wait to share a pint with you... virtually!

Chris LaPierre
Senior Head Brewer

Back