Search results

1. Tom Carola

2023 SJFC Membership Survey

Hey Everyone, Please take a few minutes to fill out the 2023 Membership Survey! This is your chance to give the board feedback so that we can make this club a great experience for our members. https://forms.gle/brnN95x8LMxZ6f5y8 If you have any issues with the form, please let me know...
  2. Tom Carola

January 2023 Meeting- Tues 1/3 @Tonewood Barrington

Meeting reminder: Tues 1/3 Tonewood Brewing (Barrington) 50 Clements Bridge Rd Barrington, NJ 08007 First meeting of the year so we will be discussing future plans and asking for input! If you haven't checked out the members-only thread here, please do. Philly Sour competition is running now...
  3. Tom Carola

Kölsch Tips? Yeast suggestions?

What is everyone's experience and/or recommendation for Kölsch- especially on yeast strains? Hoping to do a few this year, so I want to nail down a good process. I have a small batch going right now with the Lallemand Köln strain and it seems to be a real slow starter. Pitched Friday evening...
  4. Tom Carola

Hopback/Hop Rocket

Does anyone still use these? Seems like everything is geared towards whirlpools and hop stands nowadays. I've been increasingly interested in finding ways to "split" my batches and make them into different things after the boil. Thought about picking up (or making) a hopback so I can sorta...
Back