Search results

1. John C

Frank Are we still having a Saison competition? I'm ready with my latest

Frank Are we still having a Saison competition? I'm ready with my latest
  2. John C

** How to Access SJFC Member Forums **

Not sure who is handling this, but don't see the member's forum. Do I need to request access? I should be paid for '24
  3. John C

AHA changes

https://allaboutbeer.com/homebrewers-conference-2024/ Changes afoot to scale back the annual AHA convention.
  4. John C

Fermented Bulk buy

Base grain is cheap and readily available. How about the hops, yeast and modified grains that no one seems to carry. Price isn't the issue. Availability is becoming much more so.
  5. John C

Flying Fish Brewery demise

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2024/01/another-popular-nj-craft-brewery-issues-last-call-plans-closure.html Another jersey brewery folds. I guess Murphy 's regs continue to take their toll.
  6. John C

Sankey keg rebuild parts

Have you looked on Amazon. I gotten parts for Ball lock connections from there. Surprising what they can source.
  7. John C

Decline in homebrewing

Have a suggestion for a topic at one of our meeting - availability of supplies. With the closure of the 3 suppliers in S Jersey, a serious issue is lurking on getting the items we need. I have been going to Philly Homebrew for supplies, but am finding that almost with every order, something is...
  8. John C

Gov signs bill to relax brewery restrictions

What purpose do any of these regulations have other than to squash competition and generate fees for the state. Dictating to companies how they run their business should be pushed back by all.
  9. John C

Flying Fish Brewery demise

I see the previously announced acquisition of FF by Cape May fell through and FF has announced they are filing for bankrupcy...
  10. John C

Burlington County water profile

As I look this over, I see that this is the lowest SO4/Cl ratio around at 0.25. Almost everywhere this is >1. Is that right? Absent gypsum and CaCl2, beer with this water profile would be extremely malty.
  11. John C

Josh, Many thanks. Where did you get this?
  12. John C

I have seen this before and want to update my records. Does anyone have the typical water profile for this area (Moorestown).
  13. John C

Decline in homebrewing

https://apple.news/AC0pAbLQUThm2YTxJzsXBKg Here is a well done article about the declining participation in homebrewing that I think would be worth reading. Maybe a topic for discussion at one of our meetings.
  14. John C

Glycol chiller.

Ant, Were you able to find a home for this? If not I am interested
  15. John C

Cape May acquires Flying Fish

Wow, this is a surprise. FF is a much larger operation. What drove this? Did they get themselves extended in the new digs?
  16. John C

Malt Madness

Who won? What style? Was there for ST Paddy's Day. Wild crowd!
  17. John C

Malt Madness

ALL day? What could take all day?
  18. John C

Malt Madness

What time? A link?
  19. John C

Supplies Options.

Support local people. This goes beyond homebrew shops. I'm with you brother. Stopped buying Miller light after joining!
  20. John C

Supplies Options.

I also don't see any of the Omega thiolized yeasts. Not offered? A note in their website said cosmic punch was not available. :(
Back