Search results

1. John Pursglove

Interested in being a full time pro brewer?

My friend Chris over at Red White and Brew texted me asking if I knew of any brewers looking for work. They are looking for a full time head brewer. http://redwhiteandbrewbeercompany.com/available-positions/c39f4bef-bdf8-4806-b7b9-5dc60ab69104
  2. John Pursglove

Barrel Preperation

I got a 5 gallon rye whiskey barrel for Christmas. I brewed an imperial type red ale about 9%. I had a few questions about getting the barrel ready to use. I know some people say to fill with water. Should the water be hot or boiling? Supposedly the whiskey was not dumped too long ago but...
  3. John Pursglove

Mead question

I made a semi-sweet mead FG 1.0.15 @ 10.5% with Hawaiian Lehua honey and Sundew yeast. I really like it. I have it cold crashing now. I tried a little sample tonight when it was cold and still. I really enjoyed it. I am wondering if a mead at 10.5% would be good carbonated and kegged or...
  4. John Pursglove

20# co2 fill /exchange

I picked up a 20 Pound Co2 tank. Any recommendations on filling/exchanging. I
  5. John Pursglove

Mexican Stout

I recall someone pouring a mexican stout at Big Brew day. I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of brewing one myself. Any help will be appreciated. I have found a few recipes online but they are all over the place. Thanks. John
  6. John Pursglove

Water chemistry

Hi I am wondering if anyone has a general idea of the water profile for the Audubon NJ area. We use NJ American Water. I contacted them but they sent me partial information from like 10 years ago. Thanks.