Search results

1. Matt Talbot

Please Support our Annual Food Drive - and Local Breweries!

Please Support our Annual Food Drive - and Local Breweries! Food insecurity has been drastically escalated by the effects of COVID-19, and families in South Jersey need our help. Please leave a food donation at the participating breweries listed below, then reward your good deed by buying...
  2. Matt Talbot

November Meeting 7:00 PM @ Spellbound Brewing with Special Guest Jason Macias

Yes, I'll be posting some details here tonight: https://forum.barleylegalhomebrewers.com/index.php?threads/10-1-anniversary-party-11-6-2021-info-and-sign-up-sheet.1062/
  3. Matt Talbot

November Meeting 7:00 PM @ Spellbound Brewing with Special Guest Jason Macias

Meeting! Tuesday! 7:00PM! Spellbound Brewing! We’ll be talking 10+1 Anniversary Party! And we welcome Jason Macias from Z.H. Hops & Malt who will give an overview of the GABF process with specific focus on raw materials. PLUS an introduction to South African hops. Be theeeere!
  4. Matt Talbot

The 10+1 Year Anniversary Event!

They don’t exist yet. And why would we spoil the Big Reveal segment?
  5. Matt Talbot

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! Get your tickets to the 10+1 Anniversary Event BY MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 15 AND GET A T-SHIRT, TOO! (If you already ordered, you will be contacted for your sizes.)
  6. Matt Talbot

Yep, just like Big Brew Day. But buying in advance helps us plan. And t-shirts for pre-orders More on that soon…
  7. Matt Talbot

The 10+1 Year Anniversary Event! Saturday, Nov 6 in Oaklyn, NJ from 12:00 - 5:00 PM Celebrating 10 years (plus 1!) as the single greatest homebrew club on the face of this or any other planet. Join us for a day of delicious home-crafted beer and fun! Your donation of $20 gets you a...
  8. Matt Talbot

Our very own member Tara Nurin has authored a book!

Our very own member =AZW4rp7KkEiZqTYi6OqvCzAGHPa_9QJcVdSdZFbyibv97SF5iR7Zx9gWySEKL19AxEaE_pto8lVlzZRcia2ZwWmQwftcB6d2ukU64SOK489h7YVEuvZ3C2u5dMq-lMmBbiLHi_1XDRQbizGbEZrJUTsN&__tn__=-]-UK-R']Tara Nurin has authored a book! http://www.chicagoreviewpress.com/brewhouse Get a 25% discount using...
  9. Matt Talbot

New Jersey State Fair Homebrew Competition

Congratulations @Bob.Wilson and @RayBurrJr too!
  10. Matt Talbot

Congratulations Joan, Frank, Matt!!
  11. Matt Talbot

Valhalla: The Mead-ing Of Life

Link to event: https://brewdrinkrepeat.com/valhalla/
  12. Matt Talbot

I gotta say... I'm digging the mead too much to give up 3 bottles of it. As co-meadmaker, @Kyle McHerron what do you think?
  13. Matt Talbot

Duotight Fittings?

I've seen the suggestion for Duotight lately and it's intriguing. About a year or so ago I switched out my fittings inside my keezer to be all ball lock QD, so everything is connected with "jumper lines" that I can also use to move beer between kegs, or push sanitizer from keg to keg to purge...
  14. Matt Talbot

@Chris Smith just making sure you're tagged to see the above from @zar for access to Brewers...

@Chris Smith just making sure you're tagged to see the above from @zar for access to Brewers Only forum
  15. Matt Talbot

Mold on beer surface?

You have some wild stuff happening in there. Literally. It is definitely infected with something that got into your carboy from your local environment. Maybe it will turn out good...
  16. Matt Talbot

Lallemand Philly Sour - Phenolic?

@Tom Carola it did come through as a light Belgian-y aroma. Not off-putting, but last time I used the yeast it definitely wasn’t there.
  17. Matt Talbot

** How to Access SJFC Member Forums **

It's not too late, and we miss you, join back up!
  18. Matt Talbot

** How to Access SJFC Member Forums **

Definitely come to the meeting! We look forward to meeting you! Cheers, Matt
  19. Matt Talbot

How to Make Mead - Demo Day - SATURDAY MARCH, 20 Time: 10:00 AM

Possible the mead had some CO2 coming out of solution during transfer causing the bubbles. In other words it was slightly naturally carbonated. If that’s the case, probably don’t need to worry about oxygenation.