Recent content by michael castagner

1. M

Fermaid question

Frank, I am going to follow your lead and use acidulated malt for future batches. I was kind of stuck, because brew store did not have California 001 and I did not have time to go elsewhere. My Willingboro township water is really high quality, and quite low in minerals.
  2. M

Fermaid question

After re-reading my brewing notes I discovered two other changes to my original Amber. 1. I adjusted water chemistry with recommended minerals. My Willingboro city water is very low in minerals. 2. Beer sat in the fermenter for 17 vs. 12 days, because it appeared to need more time. As Matt...
  3. M

Fermaid question

Yup.
  4. M

Fermaid question

I double checked my notes. This batch fermented for 17 days, had some water salts added. Mash pH was 5.88. Previous (better) batch fermented for only 12 days and no water salts added.
  5. M

Fermaid question

I made a typo, it was Clarity Ferm not Fermaid. Mash temps and all other variable were consistent to the best of my abilities.
  6. M

Fermaid question

I repeated an American Amber. OG 1.053 was identical for both batches. Original was excellent. Repeat Beer has less body, tastes “watery”. Drinkable but ... Only two changes: Original Yeast California 001 switched to WYEAST 1056, and repeat had Fermaid added. Original FG 1.016. Repeat FG...
  7. M

Hi Frank. I have the jockey box. It’s clean and ready for your use. I live in Willingboro. Call...

Hi Frank. I have the jockey box. It’s clean and ready for your use. I live in Willingboro. Call me or text me so I can get to you. 215-356-8435.
  8. M

Awesome site available for a brewery

I recently became aware of a unique potential site for a brewery in Burlington County. Contact me if you are interested in meeting the owner. This could actually be a “destination” brewery, but does require a building. Macastagner@gmail.com
  9. M

May Meeting - 5/1 Spellbound

If anyone has a packet of Champagne yeast they could spare, I’ll buy it from you at the meeting. Thanks.
Back